Monday, April 19, 2010

Kangol


I am a 26-year old mother of two- Brayden is two and Kangol is five. My boys are my life, 90% of my time is spent with them, and I take pictures of everything we do. I follow many other pit bull blogs on the web, I enjoy looking at all of the pictures, and reading about the lives of each of them and their owners, so I started this blog with Kangol in mind.

Kangol is a 5-year-old American Pit Bull Terrier/Staffordshire Bull Terrier who I have had since birth. Brayden's dad, or my honey as I call him, has Kangol's parents, Koby and the late Sophie (RIP). 



I fell in love with Kangol the moment I saw him. He has been my co-pilot from the time he was old enough to leave Sophie. He grew up to be the strangest dog I have ever encountered, but he puts a smile on my face every time I look at him.

                                                                                                  
I know I have seen dogs sit on their butts before, but I have never seen one prefer to sit that way. Kangol has done it since he was a few months old and just props himself up on his butt, legs kicked in front and his arms either up or resting on my shoulder. Totally human. It is weird though to walk in a room and see him sitting on the couch like that by himself. I start to wonder how long he had been sitting like that and I really want to know what he is thinking.



 


 


 


 


 


 


 










 

Kangol is your average pit bull: loves to grip, swing on his rope, play catch, play tug-o-war, and relax with his mother. He has about many other names such as Kangaroo, White Dog, The WD, White Animal, Baby White Dog, Roo Roo, Baby White Kangaroo, and Bobo Junior. He loves to go on long walks with his mother and sleep in ridiculous positions on his back; additionally, he snores louder than any human I ever heard. 







I have always had a special place in my heart for pits and as I became older, that special place turned to a passion for this severely misunderstood type of dog. I am currently finishing my degree in History Education Studies and pursuing a minor in Geology. Most papers I write and projects I do are about pit bulls; moreover, I emphasis how wonderful these animals truly are. I pride myself on being a responsible owner and do everything I can to work as an advocate for these wondrous dogs.




 


 














No comments:

Post a Comment